OREGON REGION SCCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES APPROVED:
PLACE: Raccoon Lodge Restaurant
PRESENT: BOARD MEMBERS: Tim Ferrick, Derick Ambrose, Todd Harris Kristen Moore, Jacob Sturgeon, Rio Rios, Allie Ferrick, Tim Scott
OFFICIALS: Mary Thompson, Karen McCoy, Jeff Zurschmeide
MEMBERS: Doug Berger
ABSENT: Aaron Bucci, Carrie Sutherland
CALL TO ORDER: RE called the meeting to order at 6:20
MEMBER/NEW BUSINESS COMMENTS: None
REGIONAL OFFICE: Karen has secured a Square for use on her cell phone. By using this tool she can process credit cards on site. This will provide a considerable savings for the region. Using the previous vendor our 2017 usage fees were $6,000.
A new canopy has been purchased with our logo prominently displayed on it. This can be used by the region at any events where we can promote the region and display literature etc. First outing will be at The Rose Cup.
New region business cards have been secured to be passed out at events. One side has our region info on it and the other displays the racing flags and their meaning. Jeff coordinated with Karen to have these made at a very reasonable cost.
LOUD PEDAL: Jeff advised that all is good with the LP.
In response to inquiry from Rio, Jeff will make an alteration to the web site to identify the Solo tab more easily identifiable.
He advised that The Rose Cup Program is ready and that the ads in it are increased from last year.
He has written an article about The Rose Cup that will appear in The Portland Tribune this Thursday.
Jeff noted the passing of Rich Olmstead, a Rally member and revered friend.
ROAD RACE: Kristen announced that registration is now open for our 3 day event and that the schedule is on line.
She advised that we take a hard look at how we want our 2019 season to look. There seems to be so many events in June that may account for low participation. Perhaps we should look to September as an option. EC/PIR will be asking for our date requests soon.
SOLO II: Rio shared that their last event had 23/24 attendees, with half of them being new people. This event was scheduled for 5 runs but unfortunately 2 two incidents occurred requiring them to shut the day down after 3. As a result of this it was determined that more attention to tire wear prior to the runs might eliminate future problems.
The cones with the region logo have been received and are a welcome accessory for all region events.
The Ntl. Finals are scheduled for the first weekend in September in Lincoln, NB.
The 13th Ntl. Tour will be in WA the week of Rose Cup. Rio will try to enlist any members not attending it to volunteer in the SCCA booth at Rose Cp.
RALLY: Jacob advised that the leader of NW Rally Assn. has severed his ties to SCCA. The hope is that our group can form a good relationship with the WA group and perhaps gain access to the site they currently use.
Their last event included 17 runs with 10 of them being on Saturday. The regions portion of the income will be sent to the region office shortly.
A charity event is presently being planned. It will include Vets & Pets!
Tire Rack Teen Street Survival will be held at PIR in September. Karen is working to secure instructors for this event.
VINTAGE: Tim thought the last event had good participation. He also mentioned that the new LED lights at start finish look great.
DIRECTOR I: Absent
DIRECTOR II: Allie advised that she and co-chair Sandra have ideas circulating around the awards for the end of year part in August at the track.
PAST REGIONAL EXEC: Todd stated that our paddock is a concern for large events and that we need to address tis in the future.
He will be on KGW on Thursday to promote The Rose Cup Event. In addition media personalities will be out during the event.
World Challenge should be a big draw and overall this event should be profitable for FOPIR.
Hopefully with the return of some bigger events racing as a whole will benefit as interest in our sport is showcased.
ASST: REGIONAL EXE: Derrick will The Pace Car Driver for the Pirelli portion of The Rose Cup Event.
He is still working on securing info on Grid Life. He has contacted Heyward at SCCA Ntl for assistance on this project.
REGIONAL EXEC: Tim mentioned that the paddock in Sonoma with 400 entries had issues akin to what we experienced here at our Super Tour.
ADJOURN M/S ( Jeff/Rio) M/P
Oregon Region SCCA
Our monthly board meeting minutes are published here.