OREGON REGION SCCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
PLACE: Raccoon Lodge Restaurant
PRESENT: BOARD MEMBERS: Todd Harris, Tim Ferrick, Kristen Moore
Randy Thieme, Tim Scott, Aaron Bucci
OFFICIALS: Karen McCoy, Mary Thompson, Jeff Zurschmeide
MEMBERS: Jacob Sturgeon
ABSENT: Jim Weidenbaum, Mark Tabor, Dan Bullis, Carrie Sutherland
CALL TO ORDER: Todd called the meeting to order at 6:10
MEMBER/NEW BUSINESS COMMENTS: Todd welcomed Jacob Sturgeon, candidate for the BOD representing Rally, sitting in for Mark Tabor.
REGIONAL OFFICE: Karen reported that she attended a meeting last week with the Rally group. The 5% contribution to the region was discussed (see last minutes) and this issue is being perused and a decision on it is forthcoming.
The subject of aiding OR Region drivers going to The Runoffs with a tow fund was discussed. Todd said he remembered being a recipient in the past and thought it was a nice gesture. The BOD asked Karen to check to see how many drivers were going before a decision could be made.
The 14 workers going will be given T shirts denoting they are from OR Region.
After the meeting she found that there were 11 drivers going back. An on line vote was taken with the result being that the Region did not have sufficient funds to be able to provide a reasonable $ amount this year. M/S with one opposed
LOUD PEDAL: Jeff would like to see more columns for the publication. Human interest, bios, etc. are gladly accepted and provide interest to the members.
The new format for The LP is being well received. The Web page is fast becoming a region archive spot. Currently there are 1600-2000 hits a week on it!
He will be off to The Runoffs and will be doing real time updates.
Jeff related that with the changes to The LP, his job continues to be enjoyable and a whole lot easier. With this being the case, he would like to forego a portion of his stipend starting in Jan. He said this small gesture is his way of helping the region that he loves and is proud to be a member of.
ROAD RACE: Kristen relayed that even with our June event being small, 2017 ended in the black. Not as good as we would like or need, but better than red.
Her hopes are that in 2018 Club Trials and support series participants will boost our coffers. It is a challenge due to the fact our expenses to put on an event go up each year (track rental-ambulance-security-insurance etc.) and try to still hold entry fees low.
The proposed schedule for 2018: April 14-15 Dbl
May 19-20 Super Tour FCC to participate
June 9-10 Dbl
Aug 10-12 Triple
Rose Cup-joint venture, will be in July (no date set yet)
Kristen has reached out to NW Region to address any conflicts but they have
SOLO II: Absent No report
RALLY: Jacob shared his background in Rally with the group.
He said that they are constantly seeking out land suitable for them to pursue their sport. Some areas previously used cease to be available any longer.
Meeting next week will further discuss and make a decision regarding their support of the region office. State and county roads available are scarce.
VINTAGE: No report
DIRECTOR I: DIR I Randy advised that the nomination slate for the election of the new board is complete and ready to be presented to the membership for voting.
He will advise the nominees that if they would like, they can do articles for the LP to let the members get acquainted with them.
DIRECTOR II: Aaron talked about the banquet. He has selected the menu and will get with Karen to decide on amounts needed. He is aware that we need to watch expenses on this and will try to do so. The format was discussed with the idea of keeping the agenda moving along.
He suggested a slide show and Jeff said that he could provide one running in the background.
Aaron would like to promote our getting new members and will work on that project.
He wanted to thank all of those who have worked so hard on TNIA. He hopes it continues as he feels it is a great program.
PAST REGIONAL EXEC: Absent No report
ASST: REGIONAL EXE: Tim is pursuing a yearlong sponsor. If he is successful this will help greatly with our bottom line. They could promote their product and bring out customers to promote our sport.
He talked about TNIA and has spoken with Ntl to see how overall this program has done. While we have had sold out events continually at PIR, we have only gained one or two new members. The reimbursement that the Region gets from Ntl to staff and provide for these events barely covers our expenses. Tim will continue to work with Ntl to see what could be done to improve the local issue.
REGIONAL EXEC: Todd advised that Aug 25th was the deadline for all PIR user groups to put in their request for preferred dates for 2018. As far as he knows no other regions have their events scheduled yet.
He is looking forward to The SCCA Runoffs. This will be the largest amateur race event ever. With a field of 1000 entrants there are some groups that will need to pre-qualify for placement in the main races.
Randy asked if there would ever be a possibility that this event could be fielded at PIR. Todd said that he could not say for sure but E C thinks it would qualify for it.
ADJOURN M/S (Kristen/Randy) M/P