OREGON REGION SCCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
PLACE: Raccoon Lodge Restaurant
PRESENT: BOARD MEMBERS: Todd Harris, Kristen Moore, Mark Tabor
Randy Thieme, Aaron Bucci
OFFICIALS: Karen McCoy. Mary Thompson
MEMBERS: Gordon Jones, Skip Yocom
ABSENT: Jim Weidenbaum, Tim Ferrick, Dan Bullis, Tim Scott;
Jeff Zurschmeide, Carrie Sutherland
CALL TO ORDER: Todd called the meeting to order at 7:15
MEMBER/NEW BUSINESS COMMENTS: Gordon wanted to follow up with the BOD on his request for easy ups for the Tech Station. The current ones are in much need of repair or replacement. Kristen advised that she has access to very durable ones that can be had for less than the cost to repair the old ones. She will contact the vendor and advise at the next meeting. Having them sponsored was suggested as well. The sponsors name would be printed on the easy up.
Skip said that he felt that the region has been well run the last couple of years. He expressed this as both a driver and a steward. He also remarked on the end of the year awards, he thought they were great and appreciated that committee’s choices.
REGIONAL OFFICE: Karen presented the financial report to Todd. She also advised that the banquet expenditures were more than last year due to lack of contributions toward the worker meals.
Karen gave thanks to the 14 volunteers that helped to man out booth at The Auto show. It requires a lot of hours to set up and tear down (thanks to Bobby & Tim) as well as all of the time that required to staff the site. She suggested that we rethink any benefit derived from these efforts compared to our time and costs.
LOUD PEDAL: Absent
ROAD RACE: Kristen reviewed the season schedule.
April 14-15 - Double Regional/Vintage
May 19-21 - SCCA Super Tour Majors
June 10-11 - Double Regional/Vintage
July 7-9 - Rose Cup (a FOPIR event)
August 11-13 - Triple Regional/Vintage
April 13 (test day and licensing school)
July 6 (Rose Cup test day)
There have been some questions on the April date due to that being Easter weekend.
She advised that due to the many users of PIR, that was our only option other than the first week in April and that would have clashed with the Majors in SF which would have impacted our entries.
Kristen said that a tribute to Chris Billings will be held at the April race.
In an effort to encourage new members, a mini social is planned for them at our June race.
SOLO II: Absent
RALLY: Mark, just back from Daytona…said that he is happy to be a BOD member,
He reported that they do not have a firm schedule yet. There are several things that they are working on for the season. A few of the areas that they are concentrating on,
Rally X - Road Rally – getting weekend members to convert to full membership
DIRECTOR I: Aaron expressed his desire to help behind the scene and give back to the region for all that he feels he has benefitted since joining. He said that he thinks we should do member profiles in the LP to further acquaint us all.
He hopes to still devote his time to the TNiA events and encourage attendees to further their driving experience by joining the ranks to either work or drive or do both.
DIRECTOR II: Randy would like work toward getting more exposure for the region. He will make an effort to contact the media to achieve this. We need to let people see what we do and what we have to offer them.
PAST REGIONAL EXEC: Absent
ASST: REGIONAL EXEC Absent
REGIONAL EXEC: Todd welcomed Gordon and Skip to the meeting and said it was nice to see members attending. He also recognized the new members of the BOD.
He is eager to get the year off to a good start! Our sport is all about the people that join us each weekend. Without our drivers, workers, spectators and all who enter PIR
we would cease to exist. Jeff has created a new website for the region and made changes to The LP as well. These changes were made to give our members and others better access to what is happening in the region.
The Harris Family all spent time at the Auto Show and by doing so he feels that event may not be the right spot for us to increase our membership as had been our hope. We need to find some ways to develop interest and grow our ranks. We will review this before the next show.
Todd feels that we have a good schedule ahead with hopes of increased entries. He thinks that The Rose Cup Race will be even better than last year.
The PIR Users Meeting will be held next week. He, Kristen and Karen will be attending it.
He asked those present if the location site and time of the board meetings was working for them. All agreed that the location was fine. Kristen suggested that we start the meeting at 6 rather than 7. It was agreed that we would give it a try and see if it works for everyone. Starting with the March 7th meeting, we will start at 6 pm.
ADJOURN M/S (Aaron/Randy) M/P
Leave a Reply.
Oregon Region SCCA
Our monthly board meeting minutes are published here.